- CIRCULARS CIF: C470 to Cyprus Investment Firms – Quarterly Statistics, Form QST-CIF – Revised Form CySEC – Latest Entries
- Mishcon Forms Association With Hong Kong Firm, Bolstering Asia Investment Law.com
- Russian Gas Firm Executive Arrested in U.S. on Tax Charges WSJ.com: World News
- US arrests finance chief of Russian natural gas group Novatek FT
- Afghanistan dispatches: ‘Terrible changes and disasters have come upon society.’ JURIST – News – Legal News & Commentary
- Afghanistan dispatches: ‘I finally reached USA. I am safe but not OK.” JURIST – News – Legal News & Commentary
- CIRCULARS CIF: C453 to Cyprus Investment Firms – Quarterly Statistics (Form QST-CIF) – 30/06/2021 Submission CySEC – Latest Entries
- CIRCULARS CIF: C452 to Cyprus Investment Firms – New Form CB-CIF, Freedom to Provide Investment Services and Activities (Cross Border Activity) CySEC – Latest Entries
- EU Commission advances legal action against Malta and Cyprus over passport for investment scheme JURIST – News – Legal News & Commentary
- 10 Hong Kong Pro-Democracy protesters sentenced to jail JURIST – News – Legal News & Commentary
The OECD has published the results of automatic exchange of information on financial accounts in 2020
July 14, 2020
The CRS requires countries and jurisdictions to exchange information about non-residents’ financial accounts received from their financial institutions annually, which reduces the probability of tax evasion in offshore zones. Many developing countries have joined the process, and more countries are expected to join in the coming years.
In 2019, almost 100 countries carried out an automatic exchange of information, which allowed their tax authorities to obtain data on 84 million financial accounts located in the offshore zones of their residents. The total amount of assets was 10 trillion euros.
The results of 2019 showed a significant increase compared to 2018, when information was exchanged in relation to 47 million financial accounts totaling 5 trillion euros.
For more information read the official source: http://www.oecd.org/tax/international-community-continues-making-progress-against-offshore-tax-evasion.htm
January 24, 2020Professional Tax – new tax for Cyprus companies
At the end of 2019 Cyprus municipalities introduced a new tax for Cyprus companies called Professional Tax.
May 18, 2020CRS and FATCA: extension of reporting deadlines
In 2020, the deadlines for submitting financial statements in accordance with CRS and FATCA standards has changed.
July 10, 2020Cyprus: Since 1 of July Contributions to the GESY Fund Have Increased
From March 1, 2020, contributions to the Fund of the state health insurance system of Cyprus GESY were supposed to grow as part of the second stage of the reform of this system.
December 03, 2019Happy Lawyer’s Day!
December 3 is the lawyer's day in Russia. Congratulations to our colleagues on their professional holiday!
February 24, 2019Amendments to Cyprus Company Law
The Cyprus Department of Registrar of Companies and Official Receiver (ROC) announced amendments to the Cyprus Company Law.
May 08, 2020CySec: Changes of the Due Date for Some Obligations in Cyprus
The financial regulatory agency of Cyprus (CySec) has changed some due date obligations for issuers, providers and funds: The due date for the obligation of issuers to publicise the annual financial statements for 2019, is postponed for the 30 of June 2020. The due date for [...]
April 15, 2020Professional consulting support of our specialists
Taking into account the current situation, our clients have a lot of different issues that require professional consulting support on-line.
February 17, 2020OECD has published a consultation document on the review of Country-by-Country Reporting
OECD released public consultation document that is based upon the mandate set out in the BEPS Action 13 report, and focuses on issues concerning the use of CbC reports by tax administrations for the purposes of a high level transfer pricing risk assessment. The public consultation document [...]