- CIRCULARS CIF: C543 to Cyprus Investment Firms – Country Analysis Form (Form CA-CIF) – 31/12/2022 Submission CySEC – Latest Entries
- CIRCULARS CIF: C542 to Cyprus Investment Firms – Quarterly Statistics (Form QST-CIF) – 31/12/2022 Submission CySEC – Latest Entries
- UK cites security risk as it orders sale of Russian-backed broadband provider FT
- Total loosens Russian ties with Novatek writedown FT
- CIRCULARS CIF: C539 to Cyprus Investment Firms – Cross Border Reporting Template (CBRT-CIF) – 31/12/2022 Submission – Further Clarifications CySEC – Latest Entries
- EU to propose sanctions on Russia’s mining industry FT
- BOARD DECISIONS: CySEC Decision for the withdrawal of authorisation of Investment Compartment REFALCO CYPRUS INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES FUND CLASS A INVESTMENT SHARES (EUR) DISTRIBUTING (RAIF21_1) CySEC – Latest Entries
- European Commission proposes international tribunal to prosecute Russia war crimes in Ukraine JURIST – News – Legal News & Commentary
- CIRCULARS CIF: C537 to Cyprus Investment Firms – Cross Border Reporting Template (CBRT-CIF) – 31/12/2022 Submission CySEC – Latest Entries
- OECD has released Global Anti-Base Erosion Model Rules (Pillar Two)
The OECD has published the results of automatic exchange of information on financial accounts in 2020
July 14, 2020
The CRS requires countries and jurisdictions to exchange information about non-residents’ financial accounts received from their financial institutions annually, which reduces the probability of tax evasion in offshore zones. Many developing countries have joined the process, and more countries are expected to join in the coming years.
In 2019, almost 100 countries carried out an automatic exchange of information, which allowed their tax authorities to obtain data on 84 million financial accounts located in the offshore zones of their residents. The total amount of assets was 10 trillion euros.
The results of 2019 showed a significant increase compared to 2018, when information was exchanged in relation to 47 million financial accounts totaling 5 trillion euros.
For more information read the official source: http://www.oecd.org/tax/international-community-continues-making-progress-against-offshore-tax-evasion.htm
January 24, 2020Professional Tax – new tax for Cyprus companies
At the end of 2019 Cyprus municipalities introduced a new tax for Cyprus companies called Professional Tax.
July 10, 2020Cyprus: Since 1 of July Contributions to the GESY Fund Have Increased
From March 1, 2020, contributions to the Fund of the state health insurance system of Cyprus GESY were supposed to grow as part of the second stage of the reform of this system.
December 03, 2019Happy Lawyer’s Day!
December 3 is the lawyer's day in Russia. Congratulations to our colleagues on their professional holiday!
May 18, 2020CRS and FATCA: extension of reporting deadlines
In 2020, the deadlines for submitting financial statements in accordance with CRS and FATCA standards has changed.
May 08, 2020CySec: Changes of the Due Date for Some Obligations in Cyprus
The financial regulatory agency of Cyprus (CySec) has changed some due date obligations for issuers, providers and funds: The due date for the obligation of issuers to publicise the annual financial statements for 2019, is postponed for the 30 of June 2020. The due date for [...]
September 28, 2021Mishcon Forms Association With Hong Kong Firm, Bolstering Asia Investment Law.com
London-based Mishcon de Reya has launched its second international office in Hong Kong, a little over a year after its overseas debut in Singapore. The firm has entered into an association with Hong Kong disputes and investigations [...]
February 24, 2019Amendments to Cyprus Company Law
The Cyprus Department of Registrar of Companies and Official Receiver (ROC) announced amendments to the Cyprus Company Law.
April 15, 2020Professional consulting support of our specialists
Taking into account the current situation, our clients have a lot of different issues that require professional consulting support on-line.