- CIRCULARS CIF: C543 to Cyprus Investment Firms – Country Analysis Form (Form CA-CIF) – 31/12/2022 Submission CySEC – Latest Entries
- CIRCULARS CIF: C542 to Cyprus Investment Firms – Quarterly Statistics (Form QST-CIF) – 31/12/2022 Submission CySEC – Latest Entries
- UK cites security risk as it orders sale of Russian-backed broadband provider FT
- Total loosens Russian ties with Novatek writedown FT
- CIRCULARS CIF: C539 to Cyprus Investment Firms – Cross Border Reporting Template (CBRT-CIF) – 31/12/2022 Submission – Further Clarifications CySEC – Latest Entries
- EU to propose sanctions on Russia’s mining industry FT
- BOARD DECISIONS: CySEC Decision for the withdrawal of authorisation of Investment Compartment REFALCO CYPRUS INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES FUND CLASS A INVESTMENT SHARES (EUR) DISTRIBUTING (RAIF21_1) CySEC – Latest Entries
- European Commission proposes international tribunal to prosecute Russia war crimes in Ukraine JURIST – News – Legal News & Commentary
- CIRCULARS CIF: C537 to Cyprus Investment Firms – Cross Border Reporting Template (CBRT-CIF) – 31/12/2022 Submission CySEC – Latest Entries
- OECD has released Global Anti-Base Erosion Model Rules (Pillar Two)
DOJ releases part of Russian probe internal memo, seeks to block release of full document JURIST – News – Legal News & Commentary
May 26, 2021
The US Department of Justice (DOJ) on Monday released a part of an internal memo that was used in 2019 by former Attorney General William Barr in his decision not to prosecute former President Donald Trump for obstruction of justice. Late on Monday, the DOJ said in a court filing in the US District Court for the District of Columbia that it would seek to block the full document from release.
Barr made his determination in 2019 that there was insufficient evidence to charge Trump with obstruction of justice based upon the Mueller report. In response, the watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington sought access through the Freedom of Information Act to the memo.
The DOJ made a portion of the memo public. However, in October, a judge for the US District Court for the District of Columbia ordered the DOJ and the White House to confer on the administration’s official position on the unredacted release of the Mueller investigation report. In early May, US District Judge Amy Jackson said that the memo should be released.
On Monday, the DOJ released more of the internal memo. The memo was written by Steven Engel, former US Assistant Attorney General, and Edward O’Callaghan, US Acting Principal Associate Deputy Attorney General. The released portion stated the conclusion that the evidence did not seem to be sufficient to support a conclusion beyond a reasonable doubt that Trump violated the obstruction-of-justice statutes. However, the memo stated that the department declined to reach a decision and that the department believed that Barr should make a decision.
Also on Monday, the DOJ appealed the US District Court for the District of Columbia’s memorandum opinion and order, stating that it would seek to block the full document from release.
January 24, 2020Professional Tax – new tax for Cyprus companies
At the end of 2019 Cyprus municipalities introduced a new tax for Cyprus companies called Professional Tax.
July 10, 2020Cyprus: Since 1 of July Contributions to the GESY Fund Have Increased
From March 1, 2020, contributions to the Fund of the state health insurance system of Cyprus GESY were supposed to grow as part of the second stage of the reform of this system.
December 03, 2019Happy Lawyer’s Day!
December 3 is the lawyer's day in Russia. Congratulations to our colleagues on their professional holiday!
May 18, 2020CRS and FATCA: extension of reporting deadlines
In 2020, the deadlines for submitting financial statements in accordance with CRS and FATCA standards has changed.
May 08, 2020CySec: Changes of the Due Date for Some Obligations in Cyprus
The financial regulatory agency of Cyprus (CySec) has changed some due date obligations for issuers, providers and funds: The due date for the obligation of issuers to publicise the annual financial statements for 2019, is postponed for the 30 of June 2020. The due date for [...]
September 28, 2021Mishcon Forms Association With Hong Kong Firm, Bolstering Asia Investment Law.com
London-based Mishcon de Reya has launched its second international office in Hong Kong, a little over a year after its overseas debut in Singapore. The firm has entered into an association with Hong Kong disputes and investigations [...]
February 24, 2019Amendments to Cyprus Company Law
The Cyprus Department of Registrar of Companies and Official Receiver (ROC) announced amendments to the Cyprus Company Law.
April 15, 2020Professional consulting support of our specialists
Taking into account the current situation, our clients have a lot of different issues that require professional consulting support on-line.