- CIRCULARS CIF: C543 to Cyprus Investment Firms – Country Analysis Form (Form CA-CIF) – 31/12/2022 Submission CySEC – Latest Entries
- CIRCULARS CIF: C542 to Cyprus Investment Firms – Quarterly Statistics (Form QST-CIF) – 31/12/2022 Submission CySEC – Latest Entries
- UK cites security risk as it orders sale of Russian-backed broadband provider FT
- Total loosens Russian ties with Novatek writedown FT
- CIRCULARS CIF: C539 to Cyprus Investment Firms – Cross Border Reporting Template (CBRT-CIF) – 31/12/2022 Submission – Further Clarifications CySEC – Latest Entries
- EU to propose sanctions on Russia’s mining industry FT
- BOARD DECISIONS: CySEC Decision for the withdrawal of authorisation of Investment Compartment REFALCO CYPRUS INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES FUND CLASS A INVESTMENT SHARES (EUR) DISTRIBUTING (RAIF21_1) CySEC – Latest Entries
- European Commission proposes international tribunal to prosecute Russia war crimes in Ukraine JURIST – News – Legal News & Commentary
- CIRCULARS CIF: C537 to Cyprus Investment Firms – Cross Border Reporting Template (CBRT-CIF) – 31/12/2022 Submission CySEC – Latest Entries
- OECD has released Global Anti-Base Erosion Model Rules (Pillar Two)
US Secretary of State condemns Belarus’ Lukashenko over journalist arrest JURIST – News – Legal News & Commentary
May 25, 2021
US Secretary of State Antony Blinken condemned the actions of Belarus President Alexander Lukashenko Sunday in detaining opposition journalist Roman Protasevich.
Lukashenko’s security forces allegedly reported a false bomb threat on a Ryanair flight from Athens, Greece, to Vilnius, Lithuania. The flight was forced to redirect outside of EU airspace to Minsk, where Belarusian security forces arrested Protasevich. According to the BBC, Protasevich’s girlfriend Seofia Sapega was also arrested. Sapega is a Russian citizen studying in Lithuania.
Blinken demanded Protasevich’s immediate release and stated:
Independent media are an essential pillar supporting the rule of law and a vital component of a democratic society. The United States once again condemns the Lukashenka regime’s ongoing harassment and arbitrary detention of journalists. We stand with the Belarusian people in their aspirations for a free, democratic, and prosperous future and support their call for the regime to respect human rights and fundamental freedoms.
In a statement, Ryanair said they were told to redirect by Belarusian air traffic control and “apologize sincerely to all affected passengers for this regrettable delay, which was outside Ryanair’s control.”
Blinken assured that the US supports a full investigation into the arrest and will respond with the support of the EU, Lithuanian, and Greek officials and the Council of the International Civil Aviation Organization. Blinken’s State Department and the UN Human Rights Council have previously expressed concern over Lukashenko’s human rights abuses.
January 24, 2020Professional Tax – new tax for Cyprus companies
At the end of 2019 Cyprus municipalities introduced a new tax for Cyprus companies called Professional Tax.
July 10, 2020Cyprus: Since 1 of July Contributions to the GESY Fund Have Increased
From March 1, 2020, contributions to the Fund of the state health insurance system of Cyprus GESY were supposed to grow as part of the second stage of the reform of this system.
December 03, 2019Happy Lawyer’s Day!
December 3 is the lawyer's day in Russia. Congratulations to our colleagues on their professional holiday!
May 18, 2020CRS and FATCA: extension of reporting deadlines
In 2020, the deadlines for submitting financial statements in accordance with CRS and FATCA standards has changed.
May 08, 2020CySec: Changes of the Due Date for Some Obligations in Cyprus
The financial regulatory agency of Cyprus (CySec) has changed some due date obligations for issuers, providers and funds: The due date for the obligation of issuers to publicise the annual financial statements for 2019, is postponed for the 30 of June 2020. The due date for [...]
September 28, 2021Mishcon Forms Association With Hong Kong Firm, Bolstering Asia Investment Law.com
London-based Mishcon de Reya has launched its second international office in Hong Kong, a little over a year after its overseas debut in Singapore. The firm has entered into an association with Hong Kong disputes and investigations [...]
February 24, 2019Amendments to Cyprus Company Law
The Cyprus Department of Registrar of Companies and Official Receiver (ROC) announced amendments to the Cyprus Company Law.
April 15, 2020Professional consulting support of our specialists
Taking into account the current situation, our clients have a lot of different issues that require professional consulting support on-line.