- CIRCULARS CIF: C470 to Cyprus Investment Firms – Quarterly Statistics, Form QST-CIF – Revised Form CySEC – Latest Entries
- Mishcon Forms Association With Hong Kong Firm, Bolstering Asia Investment Law.com
- Russian Gas Firm Executive Arrested in U.S. on Tax Charges WSJ.com: World News
- US arrests finance chief of Russian natural gas group Novatek FT
- Afghanistan dispatches: ‘Terrible changes and disasters have come upon society.’ JURIST – News – Legal News & Commentary
- Afghanistan dispatches: ‘I finally reached USA. I am safe but not OK.” JURIST – News – Legal News & Commentary
- CIRCULARS CIF: C453 to Cyprus Investment Firms – Quarterly Statistics (Form QST-CIF) – 30/06/2021 Submission CySEC – Latest Entries
- CIRCULARS CIF: C452 to Cyprus Investment Firms – New Form CB-CIF, Freedom to Provide Investment Services and Activities (Cross Border Activity) CySEC – Latest Entries
- EU Commission advances legal action against Malta and Cyprus over passport for investment scheme JURIST – News – Legal News & Commentary
- 10 Hong Kong Pro-Democracy protesters sentenced to jail JURIST – News – Legal News & Commentary
Cyprus Government continues to actively support business
June 10, 2020
In Cyprus, the process of gradual lifting of restrictive measures began in May. At the moment, most of the business is already operating, including the service sector. However, many businesses have suffered, being completely or partially closed for several months. Therefore, the Government of Cyprus maintains and extends measures to support businesses and citizens.
Thus, plans for state support of employees, enterprises and self-employed workers have been extended until the 12 of June. Remind you that the Government of Cyprus has developed plans to support businesses and the self-employed:
- “Special Unemployment Allowance 1”
- “Special Unemployment Allowance 2”
- “Special Allowance for the Self Employed”
Some additional measures are as follows:
- The obligation for submission of Company Income Tax Return (TD4) and the Declaration of Self-Employed with Accounts (TD 1 ACC) for the financial year 2018 is extended from the 31st of March 2020 to the 30 of June 2020.
- Reduction of VAT from 9% to 5% for the period from the 1st of July 2020 until the 10th of January 2021 for the tourist accommodation and catering sector.
- The obligation of workers to submit the tax returns and pay the due tax is extended until October 2020.
- Deletion of charges that have been imposed due to the late submission of tax returns for the period that ended on the 10 of April 2020 and 10 of May 2020.
- People that receive income from immovable property rentals will receive a tax discount equal to 50% of the reduced lease amount, that has been applied by the owner voluntarily and it covers the rent reduction that is not beyond 50% and not less than 30% of the total rent (maximum duration is 3 months and is valid from the 1st of April 2020 until the 30th of June 2020).
Also, we would like to highlight the entry of the Republic of Cyprus into Pan-European Guarantee Fund. This is a new tool that was created on 26 of May by the European Union to counter the effects of the virus. Cyprus will make its contribution to the Fund in the amount of 32.5 million euros in the form of guarantees. The Fund will provide banks with direct guarantees of up to 80% on loans to small and medium-sized businesses.
Financing in the amount of up to Euro 800 million through the Cyprus Entrepreneurship Fund, which has been created to provide liquidity to small and medium sized companies through the provision of loans by credit institutions, with favourable terms.
January 24, 2020Professional Tax – new tax for Cyprus companies
At the end of 2019 Cyprus municipalities introduced a new tax for Cyprus companies called Professional Tax.
May 18, 2020CRS and FATCA: extension of reporting deadlines
In 2020, the deadlines for submitting financial statements in accordance with CRS and FATCA standards has changed.
July 10, 2020Cyprus: Since 1 of July Contributions to the GESY Fund Have Increased
From March 1, 2020, contributions to the Fund of the state health insurance system of Cyprus GESY were supposed to grow as part of the second stage of the reform of this system.
December 03, 2019Happy Lawyer’s Day!
December 3 is the lawyer's day in Russia. Congratulations to our colleagues on their professional holiday!
February 24, 2019Amendments to Cyprus Company Law
The Cyprus Department of Registrar of Companies and Official Receiver (ROC) announced amendments to the Cyprus Company Law.
May 08, 2020CySec: Changes of the Due Date for Some Obligations in Cyprus
The financial regulatory agency of Cyprus (CySec) has changed some due date obligations for issuers, providers and funds: The due date for the obligation of issuers to publicise the annual financial statements for 2019, is postponed for the 30 of June 2020. The due date for [...]
April 15, 2020Professional consulting support of our specialists
Taking into account the current situation, our clients have a lot of different issues that require professional consulting support on-line.
February 17, 2020OECD has published a consultation document on the review of Country-by-Country Reporting
OECD released public consultation document that is based upon the mandate set out in the BEPS Action 13 report, and focuses on issues concerning the use of CbC reports by tax administrations for the purposes of a high level transfer pricing risk assessment. The public consultation document [...]